Tuesday 7 July 2015

Work Experience!

Following my quest to better my CV and not spend my entire summer working as a waitress, I decided to take up some work experience at my local newspaper. This job was a 9-5 job which I did on top of my waitressing job, meaning I was in theory working two full time jobs! Tired was an understatement... 

Even though I spent the time totally exhausted, I got a great bit of experience, a useful reference, and even got some articles printed in the paper! Result!

It wasn't what I expected but it really was great.. They threw me straight in at the deep end; sending me out on jobs, making calls and conducting interviews, and getting to write up my own stories! It also helped me realise what I do actually do want to do when I finish uni! All in all a fab week that helped in more ways than one!


No comments:

Post a Comment